BME would like to congratulate Kim Boyd, CPESC, CPSWQ, CPMSM, on becoming the newest Certified Professional in Stormwater Quality (CPSWQ). Every year Kim strives to increase her knowledge of effective erosion and sediment controls and stormwater compliance in an effort to better serve our clients. Nationwide there are only 702 Certified Professionals in Stormwater Quality with a whopping 71 registered in the State of New York.
Together with Kim’s SPSWQ, she is also a Certified Professional in Municipal Stormwater Management (CPMSM) as well as a Certified Professional in Sediment & Erosion Control (CPESC).
To earn the CPSWQ certification, Kim was tested in the following areas:
• Federal, State, Local regulations
• Permit application requirements for: municipalities, construction activity and industrial activity
• Enforcement and penalties
• Safety issues ranging from: insects, animals & plants to hazardous materials
• Communication issues regarding: meetings, working with site personnel and addressing communication challenges and difficult situations
• Documentation: note taking & reporting, effective use of photos & videos, site drawings & map management
• Compliance resolution & enforcement actions
• Appropriate inspection skills ranging from pre-inspection processes through inspection and finally post-inspection follow-through
• Plan management
• Best Management Practices for each of the technologies included in: Erosion Control, Sediment Control, Runoff Control, Materials Management and Post-Construction Management